One of Australia’s best Music Festivals ‘ Splendour In The Grass’ is just around the corner, so what better way to kick off the countdown than with a little Festival Edit? Get inspired with a shoot by one of our favourite local photographers Claudia Smith, and featuring Byron Bay babe Model Ali Webber – they’ve identified the ultimate festival must-haves including:
1. A pair of denim flares. Easily this seasons most surprising item on every fashion hit list, flares have been elevated from suburban to chic. Choose a dark navy rinse for a modern re-imagination of this denim classic!
3. A pair of statement-shaped sunglasses. Keep it chic with an avant-garde frame, or go all out and play with transparency and colour!
5. A crop top. Nothing basic about this wardrobe staple! A comfy crop top will let you bust out your best dances moves.
6. An a-line skirt. The perfect skirt for a festival, an a-line skirt allows for plenty of movement and freedom.
7. A whole lotta floral. Let out your inner-hippie and embrace floral print. Give your floral print a breath of fresh air by combining it with some texture like this lil’ sheer mesh number.
Name? / Claudia Smith
Age? / 19
Where are you based? / Melbourne at the moment, but near Byron is home.
What inspires you as a Photographer? / So so much! I’m always inspired by my surroundings, music, magazines, certain people, moods and colours.
How did you get into Photography? / When I was around 14 I started just taking photos of friends and then I guess it has just expanded to what it is today. Its a creative medium that I use connect to people the most and the best way I find to get all my energy and ideas out.
Your favourite Location to Shoot? / Anywhere near The Coast.
If you could photograph any Musician (dead or alive) who would that be? / Ooo this is hard! But it would have to be Frank Ocean.
What would be your dream Festival to Photograph at? / Woodstock in 69′
and lastly the great debate: Film or Digital – which do you prefer? / Film for sure!